" We aim to bring the FUN back into showing and breeding! "
Recent amendments are in Bold type.
These Rules apply to all Affiliated Classes
- Shows and Qualifying classes at Affiliated Shows to run under the rules of the South West Pony Association's constitution and general show rules, a copy of which can be obtained from the Secretary, Mrs Medwin Broad.
- All competitors take part at their OWN RISK and are expected to exercise due care at all times and obey all notices displayed.
- The organisers and SWPA accept NO responsibility for any accident, loss or damage to any competitors, spectators, animals or property.
- It shall be a condition of entry that competitors will hold the organisers blameless and indemnify them against any loss, damage or legal proceedings.
- The SWPA recommend that all exhibitors should have adequate personal sports insurance.
- All accidents/incidents/falls should be reported to the Secretary of the Show.
- All Affiliated Shows MUST have adequate Third Party insurance.
- Exhibitors may not knowingly exhibit any Pony/Horse that has been bred, sold, leased or produced by the Judge, or his/her immediate family or his/her employer, or from which financial gain has been made in the last two years.
- An exhibitor may not show an equine in a competition class judged by any member of his/her immediate family.
- An exhibitor may not show under a judge for whom he/she has produced an equine within two years prior to the current year date.
- A rider may not ride in a class judged by someone for whom he/she has ridden in a competition within two years prior to the current year date.
- The Judge's decision will be final.
- All Ridden Ponies MUST be 4 years old & over.
- All Colts / Stallions two years old and over must be in possession of a current license, (unless otherwise governed by the individual Breed Society) and adequately bitted.
IN-HAND STALLIONS AND COLTS:
- Stallions / Colts may NOT be LED by any Juniors who have not attained their 14th birthday before 1st January in the current year.
- Any Pony Stallion not exceeding 138cms or Small Breed Mountain & Moorland Stallions may NOT be ridden by juniors who have NOT attained their 12th birthday before 1st January in the current year at any show affiliated to South West Pony Association. Stallions exceeding 138cms or Large Breed Mountain & Moorland Stallions may NOT be ridden by Juniors who have NOT attained their 14th birthday before 1st January in the current at any show affiliated to South West Pony Association. (unless otherwise governed by the individual Breed Society)
- All Children MUST have attained their 3rd birthday by 1st January in the current year before competing in ANY ridden classes, and must comply with the upper limit of the class entered, and be prepared to supply a copy of their birth certificate if requested.
- Riders MUST be within the correct age limits for the type of Horse/Pony ridden for the qualification to be valid.
- In Ridden Classes, if a rider falls off at any time whilst in the Ring, both pony/horse and rider MUST leave the ring, rider dismounted, and take no further part.
- Correct British Standard Headgear conforming to PAS015 or EN1384 or ASTMF1163 or current standards to be worn at all times when mounted, with chinstraps from 3 points on the hat fastened.
- Reins that restrict the natural movement of a pony/horse MUST not be used in the ring.
- NO Spurs to worn in any ridden class and Showing Canes MUST not exceed 30" New from 2012
- LEAD REIN, FIRST RIDDEN, NOVICE RIDDEN & NOVICE WORKING HUNTER CLASSES, SNAFFLE BRIDLES ONLY will be accepted. (Details of acceptable Snaffle Bridles can be obtained from the SWPA Secretary).
- Mountain & Moorland ponies MUST be shown in their natural state and trimming MUST comply with the respective Pure Breed Society Stud Books.
- Mountain & Moorland ponies and Part Breds must be registered with their respective Pure Breed Societies and registration numbers to be stated on the entry forms and when entered on the day, (unless otherwise stated on the individual class).
- These conditions also apply to horses/ponies entered as Pure Bred, Part Bred & Anglo Arabs.
- Mares with foals at foot MUST have attained their 4th birthday.
- All foals being shown MUST be a minimum of three weeks old on the day of the show.
- We advise that objections be made in writing to the secretary of the show within 30 minutes of the completition of the relevant class and accompanied with a fee of £10.00 (refundable if the objection is upheld).
If you have any queries regarding the rules please contact Medwin or Richard Broad on 01934 633304